Andy Solloway is a qualified teacher with many years teaching experience. He also has two children who have been educated in Skipton schools, so Andy has a sound knowledge of the education service in the town.
He has taught as a classroom and supply teacher in many primary schools in the area, and worked as a private tutor for Ellerbeck Tutors in Skipton since 2004, before establishing Skipton Tutoring in 2008. As such Andy is an experienced and successful Eleven Plus tutor and has CRB/DBS Clearance.
Skipton Tutoring is based close to Skipton town centre, and is easy to find and access.
Eleven Plus Tuition at Skipton Tutoring has all study materials and stationery provided, and takes place on a weekly basis, with feedback after every lesson. Lessons are an hour in length, and require at least an extra hour and a half per week homework commitment.
Lesson costs are £30 per hour session, including homework materials.
Skipton Girls High School Administer Their Own 11+ Selection Testing.
- The tests are in Verbal Reasoning, Maths and English.
- The tests take place at the end of September, usually the last Saturday of the month.
- The tests take place on one day, a Saturday, and all children do the tests at the school, whether they are in catchment or out of catchment area.
- Applications to sit the tests have to be made to Skipton Girls High School rather than the LEA.
More information about the admission arrangements and the tests can be obtained from the school website
Recent Changes to the Boys Ermysteds Grammar School 11+ Selection Tests
- Boys now sit two tests in Verbal Reasoning/English and Non-Verbal Reasoning/Maths.
- This now takes place on one Saturday in mid September and all the tests are now conducted at Ermysteds School itself, whether children are in catchment area or out of catchment area.
I therefore run two slightly different Eleven Plus courses for boys and girls, and the girls Eleven + courses will continue longer into September than the boys.
Please feel free to contact me for any more information on 01756 793568 or 07971 590742 or email firstname.lastname@example.org